Use workspaces to run an end to end external project or process.
Examples include creating a workspace for onboarding a client, collecting documents from a vendor, or tracking joint deliverables with a partner.
Invite clients and other team members into a workspace, create and assign actions in the flow section, and use the interaction panel to collaborate in-context - all in one place.
If you have a standardized process or workflow that you run multiple times, create a workspace template.
What’s Inside a Workspace?
Inside a workspace you will find the following components:
- See a list of the sequential or non-sequential business actions for this workspace.
- View all documents shared in this workspace.
- Send messages and collaborate on any documents or content shared.
- Schedule or start real-time audio and video meetings.
- View existing members and invite new members to this workspace.
- Find options to add new actions, save a workspace as a template, set up automations, and access workspace settings to deactivate or delete workspaces.
All members of a workspace can view all activity in both the flow section and the interaction panel.
The ability to add actions or automations is available to all internal users that are members of the workspace.
Settings to rename, deactivate, or delete a workspace are only visible to the owner of the workspace.
How to Use a Workspace
Use templated workspaces for your business processes that have a structured series of actions that need to take place. An example of this would be client onboarding.
To use a template:
Use a blank workspace to start with an empty flow section and add actions on the fly. Blank workspaces are best suited for processes where the actions involved do not follow a predefined template.
To create a blank workspace:
- Click on New Workspace from +New in the top navigation bar.
- Select Blank Workspace.
Clients that are invited into a workspace are able to:
- View all activity in the workspace.
- View all members of the workspace.
- Complete any actions that are assigned to them.
- Send messages in the chat section.
Clients are not able to:
- Add actions or automations.
- Access the workspaces settings.
- Complete actions that are not assigned to them.
- Invite other users into the workspace.